This Newsnight programme on 13/06/2012 reports how children become victims of older criminals:
- Fostering is now an important source of income
- Laura Sandys MP speaks out
- Kent Police identified an area with registered paedophiles in close proximity
- Carers don’t try to find children who run away
- 10,000 children are estimated to go missing
- 42,000 ‘incidents’
- sometimes you wonder who the system is for: the children who are supposed to care for or the system that runs it
- there is a high concentration of children’s home by the seaside
- homes get up to £250,000 a year.
I need to add this report to the Mainstream Media Overview.
- Children in care at risk MPs warn (bbc.co.uk)