WhatDoTheyKnow is a smart website that helps you make Freedom of Information (FoI) Requests from 5,792 public bodies who are required to respond by law.
Often, they use the excuse that it would cost too much time and money, but quite a few responses are successful.
In any case, it’s a great tool to empower the ordinary individual citizen of the great general public whom these public servants are supposed to ‘serve’.
This request was made by Alastair Patterson who made a total of 28 so far and who asked the Ministry of Justice about the number of placement (for adoption) and interim care orders (for foster care).
Here’s the response citing numbers for 2008, 2009 and 2010.
- Families Matter! (and) Family matters? (policyperformanceconsultants.wordpress.com)
- UK government staff caught snooping on citizen data (zdnet.com)
- What comes next? (amarillo.com)
- ‘Nincompoop’ Tony Blair lambasted at Freedom of Information Act backtrack (standard.co.uk)
- Third-party eye needed for foster care – judge (radionz.co.nz)
- Mainstream Media about Children Stolen by Social Services and Secret Family Courts (publicityonline.wordpress.com)
- FBI loses legal battle to investigative journalists (rt.com)