That this House is concerned that care and supervision cases in the Family Courts are taking almost a year to complete; notes that this will have an entirely negative impact on vulnerable children for whom a year is a very long time; is concerned that the Government’s court closure programme has led to a worrying increase in the distances that families have to travel to attend a court hearing; further notes that parties, often in conflict, including victims and perpetrators of domestic violence, are forced to share court waiting space due to court closures and lack of resources; and calls on the Government to review the administration of the Family Courts without delay particularly as further courts will close before the proposed single family court is established.
Furthermore, Anne Main MP tabled EDM 618: LEVESON INQUIRY AND THE CULTURE, PRACTICES AND ETHICS OF THE BBC
That this House notes with concern the recent controversy over allegations of serious criminal offences committed by Jimmy Savile and the subsequent questions that have been raised over the culture, practices and ethics of the BBC; further notes the calls for an independent inquiry; agrees that the BBC should not dictate the terms of an inquiry into itself; further notes that the Leveson Inquiry is not yet concluded and that Lord Justice Leveson himself said that he would look into anything that arose that he felt impacted onthe work of the inquiry; further notes that the Leveson Inquiry has experience of running an inquiry parallel to a criminal investigation; and believes that given its remit the Leveson Inquiry would be incomplete if it did not include an investigation into the culture, practices and ethics of the BBC.
If you are a victim of child abuse or the Family Courts, use WriteToThem to email your MP and ask him/her to sign. Ask to be there for the debate of the Family Justice Bill tomorrow, too!
MPs need to wake up to the fact that children are snatched to provide them for paedophile rings!
- Jimmy Savile: Leveson-style inquiry could be held, suggests Downing Street (telegraph.co.uk)
- National Paper Hushed Up Savile Story ‘Because of Leveson’ (order-order.com)
- AVAAZ Petition to Return UK Children Taken away from Good Families by the Secret Family Court System (punishmentwithoutcrime.wordpress.com)
- Foundation for Child Victims Unveils Campaign to Reform Family Courts (prweb.com)
- Could the anti-BBC witch hunt over Jimmy Savile be payback for the Leveson Inquiry? (newstatesman.com)
- Detectives fear Savile claimed over 200 victims (yorkshirepost.co.uk)