…rise above the surface, expose the ugly, playing-God mindset, and prompt a dramatic overhaul of these tin-pot dictatorships more reminiscent of Stalinist Russia than a modern democracy.
Babies forced into adoption after being taken from mothers on a mere suspicion of “future emotional abuse”, fathers and paternal relatives denied access to children on nothing more than maternal hearsay, and prospective well-meaning fosterers and adopters subjected to the ridiculously stringent political correctness that is making the headlines right now.
All conducted under a cloak of secrecy that claims to be in the interests of the children involved but all too conveniently protects the increasingly warped system itself.
Christopher Booker comments in his weekly column under the heading: Ukip row wakes up media to the ‘child protection’ scandal.
And The Mirror published on 2 Dec 2012: ‘Paedo palace’ file re-opened: Detectives probing historic sex abuse claims – A guesthouse where 30 years ago the rich and powerful are feared to have abused young boys is under police scrutiny again
- Child protection guidance is under threat (guardian.co.uk)
- Child protection has ‘weaknesses’ (walesonline.co.uk)
- Child Protection System Is Failing Older Children, Mps Warn (towardchange.wordpress.com)
- Council chiefs admit ‘we’re not halfway there’ on child protection (yorkshirepost.co.uk)
- Child protection system failing to listen to teenagers, say MPs (guardian.co.uk)
- News from Sabine McNeill: Oct 15th – Webinar on ‘Child Snatching’ aka Child ‘Protection’ (neweranetwork.info)