TaKen UK is an excellent website and blog with the ultimate aim of reversing adoptions. Meanwhile it wants to bring awareness and accountability for the increased numbers of forcibly removed children by the UK government and its social care departments.
As an interim step, the publishers have put together a document that victims are invited to fill in and get notarised. This is an excellent opportunity to make contact with your MP and to ensure that s/he’s on your side!
Victims are Adoptee, Adopter, Parent of removed child, Care Leaver, Brother/Sister of removed child, Grandparent of removed child, family member or other and have been affected by forced adoptions or care proceedings that has resulted in a child being forcibly removed because of false allegations of, for example:
- NAI – Non Accidental Injuries
- Risk of future emotional harm
- Physical or Sexual Abuse
- Medical Neglect
- Mental or Physical Health Issues.
If you have managed to fight off the forced adoption of your child, TaKen UK would like to hear from you as well please.
The Victim Impact Statements will be used for
(A) Purposes of analysis to be able to present a report to the government of the United Kingdom outlining the damage caused by the draconian practice of forced adoption/removal.
(B) To be used as case examples to be presented to the Prime Minister and his advising bodies as substantiating evidence of the unacceptable harm caused by forced adoption/removals.
The 14-page information pack comprises:
- Emotional impact (long term) of the forced removal
- Physical impact of the care proceedings and forced removal
- Financial long term impact of the care proceedings and forced removal
- More information about the long term impact of the care proceedings and forced removal
- Your experience of direct or indirect contact with your child/ren following the care proceedings and forced adoption / removal
- Statutory declaration
- Confidentiality Policy
This is a unique opportunity for participating in a major campaign under the sponsorship of John Hemming, the only MP consistently supportive on behalf of victims and in Parliament.
John Hemming tables Early Day Motions that your MP can sign, e.g.
- National Debate on Child Protection
- International Concerns about UK Law
- Child Protection and the REACH Campaign
- Barnardo’s and Tackling Child Sexual Exploitation
John Hemming also got us to formulate this petition to the House of Commons: Children Placed in Foster Care which you can show to your MP.
You can send a copy of your Victim Impact Statement also to your MEP. For our petition Abolish Adoptions without Parental Consent will be debated in Brussels on 19 March 2014. And do note the 10-page Dossier of Evidence. There are more and more people coming out despite intimidations and gagging!
PS. Here is the general guideline published by the Crown Prosecution Service.