Here’s is the Parliamentary Question raised by German Axel VOSS MEP on 16 October 2014 and here is the text for the Draft Motion of a Resolution – with my highlights – in the Plenary Sitting that has been postponed due to a no confidence vote in EU Commissioner Juncker.
In my view, the following is relevant to the UK in the Resolution regarding the 25th anniversary of the UN Convention on Child Rights:
- it has been submitted on behalf of the largest political group EPP, the European People’s Party, i.e. it has a lot of support;
- among the signing MEPs are 3 I have been in touch with when I presented Abolish Adoptions without Parental Consent to the Petitions Committee on 11 November 2914;
- it sets out as comprehensively as possible all violence that children experience and calls upon all institutions to do everything in their powers to rectify the situation;
- para 2 on page 6 calls on the EU Commission to propose an ambitious and comprehensive Child Rights Strategy and Action Plan;
- para 7 on page 7 calls for effectively mainstreaming children’s rights in all EU legislative proposals, policies or financial decisions;
- para 19 on page 9 mentions Directive 1011/93/EU on combating the sexual abuse and sexual exploitation of children and child pornography;
- para 22 on page 9 calls on Member States to implement the standards set out in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and refers to the
considerable number of cases alleging public authorities of forced adoption without parental consent in some Member States and calls the EC to put forward specific measures in order to ensure that adoption practices are carried out in Member States in the best interests of child.
This seems to imply to re-educate Social Workers, the Judiciary and even HMP prisons, for none of these people ever took the real interest of the child into account!