Every number stands for the tragedy and suffering of a CHILD, plus the parents and grandparents, as in this moving story, told by Daniel Hawkins of Russia Today, broadcast in May 2015.
However, it so happens that I have just gone systematically through the statistics published by the Department of Education on the Government site as well.
What I found shocking:
- only 152 of all 326 local authorities are taken into account;
- the number of children missing from care is not included;
- the number of children dying in care is not included either;
- long term trends are consistently rising:
- Local Authorities:
- and the Nation as a whole:
What does that tell us???
Here’s the 12-page petition STOP the Forced Removal of Children from their Parents!